WHAT 2015 HAS TAUGHT ME
Sharing what 2015 has taught me.
Looking back at 2015, I have seen my life in a completely new light. My little achievements have made me see more worth in myself and my mistakes have stood as stepping stones for a better me in 2016. The person I am today is totally different from the person I was a few months ago.
Here is a list of what 2015 has taught me.
1. Going back to school for postgraduate studies and starting a fashion blog were the best decisions ever in 2015.
2. I have developed so much passion for blogging. The satisfaction that I get from sharing my point of view (in my style and lifestyle) with the world motivates me to keep on blogging.
3.Do whatever makes you happy. If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it and let it become you. You will find great things happen For you, To you and Because of you. So take time to do what makes your soul happy.
4. To become successful, first learn how to be happy. Many people think that the route to happiness is to get successful. So untrue. Happiness is a choice. You wake up and choose happy. No matter how imperfect life is, it gives you a positive state of mind which in turn breeds happiness.
5. You can’t make everyone happy. You’re not a Nutella jar.
6. Learn to love yourself. It’s the rule for loving other people. You can do this by complimenting yourself often. You are great and you should be the first person to acknowledge that.
7. Faith it till you make it.
8. One of the best gifts you receive is family. My family is my support system. They have always been there for me no matter what. Staying connected is vital.
9. Value friendship. Friends are diamonds in the ruff. Nobody makes it alone.
10. You rarely go wrong when you trust yourself. Just trust yourself then you will know how to live.
11. Currently I am reading a book called ‘The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.’ It gives me better insight into the world and life in general in terms of fulfilling our dreams and reaching our destiny. Exactly the kind of wisdom I need as I end the year. (Thank you Mandela)
12. Change is hard at first, messy in the middle and beautiful at the end. Don’t get stressed when people tell you have changed. It just means that you aren’t who they want you to be.
13. Our biggest enemy is our self-doubt. We really can achieve extra ordinary things in our lives but we sabotage our greatness because of our fear.
14. Self-belief is the best outfit, rock it and own it. It is incredibly important because if you don’t believe you can achieve a vision/goal then you won’t even start to do the work needed to achieve that vision/goal. So start that thing you have been putting off.
15. Self-esteem is very important. Once you have it many other things in your life move forward.
16. We all have stand down moments that require us to stand up in the center of ourselves and know who we are. All our hurdles have a meaning. Being open to learning from those challenges is the difference between succeeding and getting stuck.
17. Smile more. It truly makes a difference to the people around you and it’s a good exercise.
18. It is so much better to fail trying than not to even get into the game. You can make whatever you want out of your life but first you have to not be afraid to try.
19. It is important to fully appreciate every single day that God has given us because these are truly numbered. It could be taken away from you or your loved ones in a split second and leave you with so many regrets and wishes of possibly slipping in words that were essentially given so much time to.
Dress: Gladrags and Handbags
Heels : Same Here